Because I have no idea what I’m doing, I read people who I think do. For starters, I always give a nod to Boston Globe Sports Editor Joe Sullivan, who has a nice analysis of each of Thursday’s games on Boston.com’s College Sports blog. And that’s pretty much where it ends. So read it.
(Also, I’m using Yahoo’s schedule of events because I’m also playing in their tournament pick’em. You can find the full schedule of Thursday’s games here.)
Otherwise, here we go:
(7) BYU over (10) Florida
(2) Kansas St. over (15) North Texas
(4) Vanderbilt over (13) Murray St.
(5) Butler over (12) UTEP
(1) Kansas over (16) Lehigh
(3) Georgetown over (14) Ohio
(6) Tennessee over (11) San Diego St.
(2) Villanova over (15) Robert Morris
(3) Baylor over (14) Sam Houston St.
(6) Notre Dame over (11) Old Dominion
(10) St. Mary’s over (7) Richmond
(1) Kentucky over (16) E. Tennessee St.
(3) New Mexico over (14) Montana
(6) Marquette over (11) Washington
(8) Texas over (9) Wake Forest
Round 1, Day 2 picks are forthcoming. Also, you may be wondering why I have not just posted my entire bracket. I would, but I’m reserving the right to change things all day today until Yahoo cuts me off. For instance, I had Kansas losing in the Sweet 16 to Maryland (high hopes) five minutes ago. Now I have them in the Final Four. Give me a couple more hours and I may have them back in the Elite Eight. Just saying.